- Q - Do you ship internationally?
- A - We will ship to just about anywhere in the world. For more detailed information on international shipping, click HERE.
- Q - If I'm not in the U.S. will I have to pay any fees to bring feathers into my country?
- A -Unfortunately yes. Most countries require you to pay duties when you import feathers. The freight carrier will also require you pay brokerage fees for customs processing. Since we have no part in the application of these fees we cannot tell you what they will be.
- Q - Are your feathers real or synthetic?
- A - All our feathers are 100% real bird feathers.
- Q - Do you sell wholesale?
- A - We are surprised how often this one comes up. As stated on our home page, WE ARE STRICTLY WHOLESALERS. WE ONLY DEAL IN BULK QUANTITIES. If you only want 5 or 10 feathers, more than likely we are not the right company for you.
- Q - How long do feathers last?
- A - If you keep them away from moisture, direct sunlight for extended periods, and they are treated with care, your feathers can last a lifetime.
- Q - Which feathers are the best ones for centerpieces?
- A - As stated at the very top of our Ostrich Feathers page, OSTRICH WING PLUMES ARE THE BEST FEATHERS FOR CENTERPIECES.
- Q- How many feathers should I use in each centerpiece?
- A -Most people use anywhere between 15 and 25 feathers per centerpiece depending on budget and personal taste.
- Q - Why don't I see your prices?
- A - As stated on our Purchase page, WE ARE STRICTLY WHOLESALERS. We supply to many different companies who purchase our material for resale. If we posted all our prices for the world to see, we would be in direct competition with our own customers. If you are a serious buyer and are interested in pricing, send us a Quotation Request.
- Q - Do you accept paypal?
- A - No.
- Q - What method of payment do you accept?
- A - Visa, Mastercard, & Discover. We do not accept American Express. And now, due to daily fraud attempts from overseas, CREDIT CARDS ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED FOR INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTIONS. If you are outside the U.S. or Canada we will only accept payment by bank transfer, certified check, or money order.
- Q - How fast do you ship?
- A - For domestic shipments, if you place your order before 12 pm PST, chances are we can get it out the same day. For international shipments, please see our International Shipping page.
- Q - What method of shipping do you use?
- A - We ship through UPS whenever possible. However, if the order is being shipped outside the U.S. or Canada, we will usually ship through the U.S. Postal Service. If you are in the state of California there is a good chance you will receive your order the very next day.
- Q - I don't own a business, can I still place an order?
- A -Yes!
- Q - Can I get samples?
- A - If it's something small that we can fit into an envelope, samples are not a problem. If it's something expensive like an Ostrich Plume or long like a Peacock Tail Feather, that's different. We then have to charge for freight and usually the sample itself. Sample shipments almost never meet our $100.00 requirement so we must apply a $20.00 service fee to the invoice. However, when you place your bulk order with us, we will give the $20.00 service fee back to you as a credit on your invoice.
- Q - How do I place an order?
- A - The best way is to give us a call. Don't be shy.
- Q - Why do your feathers smell like mothballs?
- A - Natural fibers like feathers and wool are a banquet feast for the Common Clothes Moth. They would eat every last one of our feathers if we didn't keep our entire inventory sealed in specially designed plastic bags with a pound of mothballs.
- Q - Are mothballs toxic?
- A - For the most part, no. Unless you ingest paradichlorobenzene (mothballs) in solid form, it is not harmful to humans or animals. We work with it all day, every day.
- Q - How do I get rid of the smell?
- A - If you hang the feathers up outside for a day, the smell will be gone and your feathers will look better than when they came out of the box.
- Q - What is your return policy?
- A -
Orders may be returned no later than five (5) days from the date they are received and must be in the same condition as when they were shipped. If you wish to exchange or return any item(s) please contact us first for return authorization. Orders may be returned for company credit. Unless we made a mistake on your order, refunds are subject to a 20% restocking fee and shipping charges are non refundable. Items returned without prior authorization will be subject to a 50% restocking fee.